You love art. You wish you had more of it. So what’s stopping you? (Or what should be stopping you?) It could be one or more of any number of concerns, such as:
- I know what I like, but I’m not sure I’ll like it tomorrow, or next year. I’m not sure whether my taste will have changed once I’ve seen more art.
- I know what I like, but I’m not sure it’s “good”.
- I’ve heard the market is treacherous (or I know from first-hand experience), but I’m not sure where all the pitfalls are and how to avoid them.
- I know there are sharks out there, so how do I know the art is real? (For that matter, what is original art?) How do I know what is a fair price?
- Where should I look for art?
- Once I’ve found it, how do I make sure I get the best price at a gallery, and how do I know what to bid on and when to stop bidding at an auction?
- How do I know what will appreciate?
- How will it look above my red couch?
- How do I best preserve, frame, insure (and sell) my art?
- I lack the time to become an expert.
- Short of becoming an expert, how can I be confident that I’m exercising good judgment in my decisions?
These are all valid but not at all insurmountable hurdles. Addressing such issues is what we do. Though we buy mostly Picassos, we love (and own) art of many forms, eras, and places. We also have many good sources.
Get to know us, and get to know our style. Perhaps it would resonate with yours. We would discuss your tastes, your physical site(s), your existing art and decor, and your budget. Then we would go to work and come up with a plan. You could direct us to have at it, soup to nuts, or you could just choose the beef. It would be our pleasure to assist you!